Managers are increasingly using technology to prepare reports and memos by themselves; there is now voice to text and text to voice software available; there is software that can use invoices and prepare reports, many countries are experience recession and closure of many business forcing those that survive to become more lean and efficient, etc. All of these factors are changing the job of the Administrative Professionals so that if they do not change and learn new skills and be prepared to take on new responsibilities/activities their jobs can be at risk.
The above Table shows just how much the job is changing. A key requirement to survive in this global environment is the need for project management skills as the administrative professional assumes more of the role of project assistant.
One can therefore ask what is a project, what is project management, what are project management skills and what are the reasons for undertaking projects? Project Management skills are needed to be able to work in a global economy where projects are the main activity of many organizations as they respond to changes in their environment. The time has come for administrative professionals to become familiar with the principles of project management and so enable their organizations to achieve project success.
This course provides the participants with the knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to successfully plan, implement, monitor and control and close projects
This highly interactive course has been tailored to meet the changing job requirements of the Administrative Professional and the application of project management tools and techniques taught will start in the workshop.
We will equip you to better plan and manage your events, meetings, or even purchase requirements and lots more. You will be able to apply project management processes in support of multiple individuals and projects in a team setting.
- To equip participants with the knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to plan, execute, monitor and control and successfully close projects.
- To enable participants to identify key roles and responsibilities in project management and so contribute more effectively to the successful operations of their departments.
- To enable participants to manage multiple priorities, multiple individuals and conflicting demands
- To enable participants to develop appropriate reporting formats and project documentation
Administrative Professionals will be able to:
- Utilize tools, techniques and knowledge gained in the course to plan, execute, monitor and control and successfully close projects.
- More effectively assist their manager in communicating with and administration of the project teams so as to facilitate successful design, implementation and closure of projects
- Communicate more efficiently by using correct project management terms and tools and techniques
- Apply project management processes in support of multiple individuals and projects in a team setting
- What is project management and project terminology?
- Roles and responsibilities of the project manager and other players
- Project Selection- Choosing the right project, scoping and initiation
- Developing the Project Management Plan- inclusive of scope statement, work breakdown structure, budget, risk plan, communication plan, etc
- Implementing the plan, monitoring and controlling, resolving problems and closing
- Adaptation of tools and techniques to evolving job requirements of Administrative Professionals
This is a three (3) day workshop
Who should attend this course?
Persons in the position of Administrative professionals or performing parts or all of their role and who want to improve their job performance.
For Further Information and/or to book the course please fill out the following contact form.
Error: Contact form not found.